Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 27min
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies made with coconut oil instead of butter. They are incredibly soft on the inside and firm on the edges. Thick and fluffy and loaded with tons of chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup CBD coconut oil not melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add coconut oil and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
- Meanwhile add flour, baking soda and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet in two parts.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion out 12 cookies and place them on a plate. The dough can be chilled for an hour or two if you prefer a thicker cookie. They can also go straight into the oven and are just a tad thinner if you choose not to chill the dough. (I usually do not. I would test one cookie first and see how it turns out)
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cooled baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3-4 months. Enjoy!