Summer has arrived, which means the fruit is fresh, the vegetables are even fresher, and the tomatoes finally taste like tomatoes! It’s time to eat great CBD recipes outside, cook outside, and spend as much time outdoors.
And what better way to enjoy summer than by creating the perfect-tasting CBD-infused meals that will melt in your mouth and help you keep healthy, and provide you with the bounty of energy you’ll need for some fun in the sun?
CBD has become a popular food ingredient. CBD-infused coffee, chocolate bars, gummies, and baked goods are all available these days!
This is not surprising, given that ingesting CBD with food may even boost your body’s response to its active compounds (CBD works best in recipes that include some type of fat like butter and oil). These products aid in the absorption of cannabidiol by the body.
It would be awesome if you could develop a habit of cooking with CBD oil because let’s be honest: who doesn’t forget to take supplements?
This daily routine quickly fades from our minds, especially during the summer, when our thoughts drift to vacations and spending more time on the beach or pool rather than health. Integrating CBD in our meals or snacks just helps make the job easier to remember to take the oil.
Here are some tasty summer-inspired CBD recipes… What are you waiting for? Get cooking and treat your friends!
Summer-inspired refreshing CBD recipes
Strawberry and banana smoothie
- A handful of frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 x bananas
- 1 cup vanilla almond/soy milk
- A few ice cubes
- 1Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp of CBD oil
- Add the bananas, strawberries, almond milk, and ice cubes to a blender
- Blitz until smooth
- Add the honey and CBD oil and mix well
- Pour the smoothie into a large glass
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
And that’s it! Enjoy!
Delicious CBD-flavored Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup washed Bolivian balanda or quinoa
- 425 g drained black beans
- 425 g drained sweetcorn
- One diced ripe avocado
- 3 diced ripe tomatoes
- 2 glasses of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp CBD oil
- Juice of one lime
- Combine the CBD oils and the vegetable oil
- Place the oil mixture in a large frying pan and add to low heat.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for about 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the corn, balanda, chopped tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable stock, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, then cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Serve with fresh avocado cubes and a drizzle of lime juice. Sprinkle hemp seeds on top.
Raw CBD chocolate mousse recipe (vegan)
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 8 pitted dates (soaked for 1hr)
- 2 avocados
- 1tsp CBD oil
- Blend the following until smooth in a food processor or blender:
- Soaked dates
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Add the avocado and CBD oil to the mixture. Continue blending all the ingredients until smooth.
- Continue adding cold water until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Separate your mousse into four separate individual glasses and place them in the refrigerator overnight. Serve and decorate with fresh fruit like berries and sliced kiwi fruit.
Let the good times roll
With warmer weather finally here, it’s time to kick back and relax with friends, good food, and drinks. So get the barbecue fired up and invite your friends around.
Summer is here, and it’s begging to be enjoyed!