With summer coming to an end, it’s time to say bye to summery cakes and pies and hello to the rich, decadent flavors of fall. Combine these scrumptious September treats with CBD to create a delightful (and healthy) combination that will leave you wanting more!
CBD Recipes to Sweeten Your September
CBD is a fabulous addition to any dish! Try one of our recipes (or all three) and let us know which one is your fave!
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Bites
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil or clarified butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch vanilla bean paste
- 5 droppers of CBD oil
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Combine the almond flour, cocoa, vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg and coconut oil until completely mixed.
- Scoop out the cookies and arrange them on a sheet of parchment paper. When squeezed, they should be roughly 1-2 inches wide.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they are crispy.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature. They will crisp up as they cool, so don’t worry if they are softer at first.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients in a stand mixer bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in half of the crushed cookies until fully combined.
- Scoop out one ball of cheesecake filling and place it directly on top of the remaining cookie crumbles. Roll the cookies around to coat the cream cheese bulk.
- Place your cheesecake bits in the freezer (or fridge if you’re willing to wait a little longer). Serve cold.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Loaf
- 1 tbsp apple cider
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup yucca-root flour
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
CBD icing (sugar-free)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4–6 drops CBD oil
- 1⁄4 cup coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apple cider and baking soda and set aside to fizz. Mix in the eggs with a stand mixer until peaks form.
- Stir in the other ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the prepared batter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Allow the bread to cool for 30 minutes in the freezer.
To make the icing:
- Melt the coconut butter
- Add the CBD and coconut oil to the melted coconut butter
- Continue cooking over a low heat until well combined
- Pour over the loaf.
Mini Pumpkin Tarts
For the crust
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 packet gelatin
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 (15oz) tin of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp CBD tincture
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Fill the bottom and edges of 6 small tart pans with the mixture (about 4-inch diameter).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling completely.
To make the filling
- Stir together the gelatin, pumpkin spice, and salt in a large saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the condensed milk and beaten eggs until completely combined. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes over low heat, stirring often to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the pumpkin until well-mixed. Remove from the flame and stir in 1 full dropper of CBD.
- Allow to cool before spooning into tiny pie crusts.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, preferably overnight.
For the Meringue topping
- Whisk the eggs and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on low speed until frothy.
- Increase to medium speed and add the cream of tartar and beat for 2 more minutes.
- One spoonful at a time, add the granulated sugar and beat on medium-high speed until firm peaks form (approximately 5-8 minutes).
- Pipe the meringue onto the tarts using a large piping bag equipped with a star tip.
Before serving, gently brown the meringue tips with a kitchen torch!